The department has one manned fire station staffed 24 hours a day. Daily shift strength varies between day and night tours and also seasonally. At night (6PM-8AM) three firefighter/EMT-Ps are assigned on duty and during the day tour (8AM-6PM) there are five firefighters on duty from June 1 to October 1 and four from October to June. Twelve career firefighter/paramedics/EMT’s assigned to four groups work a 24 hour shift schedule as follows; (24 hours on duty, followed by 48 hours off duty, followed by 24 hours on duty, followed by four days off). Two other career firefighters work day shifts Monday through Friday. Call firefighters, paramedics, EMTs and off duty career firefighters are used to augment the on duty career staff anytime additional staffing is required to handle emergencies. The various levels of full-time staffing and the use of on-call personnel help to make Brewster Fire Department one of the most cost efficient on Cape Cod while still meeting the needs of the community.
Return to Operations
In this section
- Dec 26, 2021: Joseph Maiello, Lieutenant - Brooklyn, NY January 24, 2022
- Jan 04, 2022: Donald Gross, Fire Inspector/Investigator - Lincoln, NE January 24, 2022
- Dec 28, 2021: Thomas Rees, Firefighter/EMT - West Jefferson, OH January 24, 2022
- Jan 06, 2022: Brian Busch, Captain - Mineral Point, WI January 24, 2022
- Jan 06, 2022: Jonathan Flagler, Firefighter - Los Angeles, CA January 24, 2022