On Friday April 5 at 11:57 p.m. the Brewster Fire Department responded to the intersection of Main Street and A.P Newcomb Road for a reported single car motor vehicle accident. On arrival Heavy Rescue 241 and Ambulance 244 under the direction of Captain Anthony Dalmau located a vehicle off the road involved in a high speed head on collision with a large tree. Additionally, due to the violent impact of the crash the driver was found heavily entrapped within the cars passenger compartment. Personnel immediately implemented standard EMS protocols for serious trauma related injuries and began extricating the patient from the vehicle using the “Jaws of Life” and hydraulic cutting tools to detach the car doors and remove the roof to gain access to the entrapped driver. Due to the serious nature of the injuries and the ongoing complex operation the Captain requested a full department recall bringing additional resources to the scene. After approximately 30 minutes of extrication activities the driver of the vehicle was removed with serious non-life threatening injuries and transported to Cape Cod Hospital.
Brewster Fire Department Responds to Motor Vehicle Accident
- Oct 27, 2021: Wesley Vanderver, Captain - Mount Pleasant, TX December 5, 2021
- Nov 02, 2021: Gerald Brooks, Firefighter - Indianapolis, IN December 5, 2021
- Oct 31, 2021: Merrill Bone, Captain - Salt Lake City, UT December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Danny Deyo, Fire Chief - Morley, MI December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Brandon Romo, Firefighter - Pardeeville, WI December 5, 2021