The Brewster Fire Department will be sponsoring a Community CPR Training program on May 14 at 6:00 p.m. The goal of the program is to enhance the Town of Brewster’s standing as a Heart Safe Community, provide vital life saving training to our residents, and increase the number of community members trained to a cardiac arrest. Here are some interesting facts:
- 385,000 out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur on an annual basis.
88% of these occur at home where limited emergency medical treatment may not be readily available.
- Typically, only 8% of these victims survive
- Immediate bystander CPR can double or triple a victim’s survival rate.
- Learn the Cardiac Chain of Survival
- Early recognition of cardiac emergency and access to EMS
- Early CPR
- Early Defibrillation
- Early advanced care
Attendees at this three (3) hour training session will become certified in basic CPR and use of the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
Class location will be Brewster Fire Headquarters 1657 Main Street. There will be a ten dollar ($10.00) charge for processing of the CPR certification cards.
Individuals interested in attending this training should call Fire Headquarters at 508-896-7018 to confirm your attendance.
Be Prepared to Save a Life, Learn CPR!