On Saturday February 23 at 2250 hours the Brewster Fire Department was dispatched on a line box assignment to Orleans for a reported structure fire at the Hearth & Kettle Restaurant. On arrival the Orleans fire department found a heavy smoke condition throughout the two story lightweight wood frame building and requested additional units to assist in searching for and extinguishing the fire. Brewster Car 231, Ladder 237, and ambulance 243 responded directly to the scene. Ladder 237 placed their aerial ladder into service to check the roof mounted HVAC units. The company also assisted in searching the building for the source of the smoke and also provided ventilation fans for smoke removal purposes, Car 231 was assigned as the interior operations Chief, and ambulance 243 stood by as the medical unit at the incident. After a long and tedious search of the building using thermal imaging cameras companies determined the source of the smoke to be an overheated piece of machinery in the unoccupied attic space. All Brewster units returned to quarters and were placed back into service at 0027 hours.
Brewster Fire Department Responds to Orleans
- Oct 27, 2021: Wesley Vanderver, Captain - Mount Pleasant, TX December 5, 2021
- Nov 02, 2021: Gerald Brooks, Firefighter - Indianapolis, IN December 5, 2021
- Oct 31, 2021: Merrill Bone, Captain - Salt Lake City, UT December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Danny Deyo, Fire Chief - Morley, MI December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Brandon Romo, Firefighter - Pardeeville, WI December 5, 2021