The Brewster Fire Department will be sponsoring two sessions of Community CPR Training over the next several months. This training is designed to enhance our standing as a Heart Safe Community and provide vital life saving training regarding sudden cardiac arrest to our residents. Here are some interesting facts:
- 385,000 out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur on an annual basis.
- 88% of these occur at home where limited emergency medical treatment may not be readily available.
- Typically, only 8% of these victims survive
- Immediate bystander CPR can double or triple a victim’s survival
- Learn the Cardiac Chain of Survival
o Early recognition of cardiac emergency and access to EMS o Early CPR
o Early Defibrillation
o Early advanced care
Attendees at each of these three (3) hour sessions will become certified in basic CPR and use of the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
Session #1 Wednesday November 14 6:00 p.m.
Session #2 Wednesday February 13 6:00 p.m.
Location will be Brewster Fire Headquarters 1657 Main Street Brewster MA
Individuals interested in attending this training shall call Fire Headquarters at 508-896-7018 to confirm your choice of session.
Be Prepared to Save a Life, Learn CPR!