On Saturday June 2 at approximately 4:30 p.m. Brewster Engine 239 under the command of Captain Dan Kimball responded to a structure fire located at 411 Upper County Road in the Town of Dennis. On arrival Dennis firefighters reported a fully involved 40’ x 60’ heavy timber barn building used as a boat repair and storage facility located deep in the rear yard of the address. This location made the stretching of hose lines and apparatus access to the fire extremely difficult and labor intensive. Firefighters immediately stretched large caliber hand lines and master stream devices to protect exposure buildings and knock down the main body of fire which was declared under control approximately 45 minutes later. Brewster Engine 239 was assigned to assist with water supply at the scene. The engine returned to Brewster and was placed back in service at 6:30 p.m. The Dennis Fire Department and the State Fire Marshal’s Office are conducting an investigation to determine the cause of the fire.
Brewster Firefighters Respond to Dennis Structure Fire
- Dec 21, 2021: Mashawn Plummer, Firefighter/EMT - Chicago, IL January 16, 2022
- Dec 26, 2021: Joseph Maiello, Lieutenant - Brooklyn, NY January 16, 2022
- Dec 22, 2021: Bryant Gladney, Assistant Chief - Columbia, MO January 16, 2022
- Jan 04, 2022: Donald Gross, Fire Inspector/Investigator - Lincoln, NE January 16, 2022
- Dec 28, 2021: Thomas Rees, Firefighter/EMT - West Jefferson, OH January 16, 2022