During the month of October members of the Brewster Fire Department presented our annual Fire Safety Education programs to all public and private schools within the community. The focus of this year’s program followed the national campaign of ensuring each home has a developed and practiced escape plan that ensures residents have two ways out should a fire occur in their home. Other fire safety elements included in the program included the use and placement of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, crawl low in smoke, stop, drop, and roll, calling 911, and a hands-on demonstration of firefighter personal safety equipment and gear. The fire department also handed out coloring books, FF hats, and other fire safety literature to the children in attendance. While this was a team effort a special thanks should go to our most recent certified fire safety educators FF Michael Herrmann and FF Paul Brazil for their work on this annual program.
Brewster Fire Department Presents Fire Safety Education Training
- Oct 27, 2021: Wesley Vanderver, Captain - Mount Pleasant, TX December 5, 2021
- Nov 02, 2021: Gerald Brooks, Firefighter - Indianapolis, IN December 5, 2021
- Oct 31, 2021: Merrill Bone, Captain - Salt Lake City, UT December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Danny Deyo, Fire Chief - Morley, MI December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Brandon Romo, Firefighter - Pardeeville, WI December 5, 2021