To ensure all of our residents are kept advised as to the ongoing Fire/Rescue Headquarters construction project the Committee will be sending out periodic updates to the community via the Fire Department and Town websites, Facebook pages, and local media outlets.
Since our last update in May a considerable amount of work has commenced and/or has been completed. The work includes:
- Installation of all underground duct banks, structures, and conduit pathways for electric and fiber services for the existing cell tower and new fire building
- Installation of the new septic system, landscaping, curbing, walkways, parking lot, and an outside picnic area for the COA
- Erection of the pre-fabricated steel structural building components including the beam signed by the community
- Installation of the exterior walls, interior metal stud framing, HVAC ducts, interior cement floor(s), and structural roof components
- Completion of the site drainage areas
- Installation of new irrigation system controls and conduit for the Gages baseball field
- All furniture, communication equipment, telephones, security and camera devices, and other ancillary building infrastructure have been approved and bidding completed
Over the next few months workers will focus on completing the installation of the roof covering, windows, interior metal stud walls and utilities, utilities and concrete floor in the apparatus bays, site retention walls, interior roadways, mezzanine training and storage area, and the installation of the zip panels and Hardi-board exterior. The goal is to have the structure fully enclosed by mid-November which will allow work to continue throughout the winter months.
The committee continues to monitor the project daily through the Fire Chief, Owners Project Manager (Pomroy Associates), Architect (CDR Maguire), and the General Contractor (Delphi). Project meetings are held every two weeks with the project team and full Fire Station Committee meetings are being held on an as needed basis. To date, the construction cost remains within the budget level set by our residents at Town meeting and the grand opening date continues to be May 15.