On Friday, March 10, 2017 at approximately 10:48 AM, the Brewster Fire Department responded to a reported chimney fire at 465 Baker’s Pond Road. On arrival to this address, fire department personnel found a two story wood-framed residential structure with heavy smoke coming from the chimney. Fire suppression crews utilized thermal imaging cameras to confirm that the fire was contained in the chimney and that fire had not extended elsewhere in the structure. Ultimately, the fire was extinguished by fire department personnel using Brewster Engine 234 and Ladder Truck 237. Due to the design and location of this residence, the entire length of the Brewster Ladder Truck’s 109 foot aerial ladder was required to reach and extinguish this fire. Due to the home owner’s rapid identification of a potential fire and immediate notification to the fire department, this fire was confined to the chimney and quickly extinguished with minimal damage to the home. The Brewster Fire Department encourages all residents and visitors of the Town of Brewster to rapidly activate the 911 system anytime an emergency situation is identified.
Chimney Fire 465 Baker’s Pond Road
- Dec 22, 2021: Bryant Gladney, Assistant Chief - Columbia, MO January 22, 2022
- Dec 28, 2021: Thomas Rees, Firefighter/EMT - West Jefferson, OH January 22, 2022
- Dec 26, 2021: Joseph Maiello, Lieutenant - Brooklyn, NY January 22, 2022
- Jan 06, 2022: Jonathan Flagler, Firefighter - Los Angeles, CA January 22, 2022
- Jan 04, 2022: Donald Gross, Fire Inspector/Investigator - Lincoln, NE January 22, 2022