On Saturday July 23 at 3:10 a.m. the Brewster Fire Department was dispatched to assist the Orleans Fire Department at a structure fire located at 8 Boulder Lane. Engine 239 under the direction of Captain Jeff Sturtevant and Car 231 (Chief Moran) responded to the scene. On their arrival Orleans and Harwich firefighters reported the roof and several roof joists of a two story wood frame private residence on fire with all occupants evacuated. Units on scene immediately stretched attack lines into the structure for extinguishment and placed personnel on the roof to open up the area on fire. These aggressive and professional fire suppression efforts completed by the firefighters on scene including Brewster personnel were directly responsible for saving the property from being a total loss. The cause of the fire was determined to be from a lightning strike from one of several intense storms that passed through the region just prior to the incident. All Brewster units were placed back in service at 5:15 a.m.
Brewster Fire Department Responds to Orleans Structure Fire
- Oct 27, 2021: Wesley Vanderver, Captain - Mount Pleasant, TX December 5, 2021
- Nov 02, 2021: Gerald Brooks, Firefighter - Indianapolis, IN December 5, 2021
- Oct 31, 2021: Merrill Bone, Captain - Salt Lake City, UT December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Danny Deyo, Fire Chief - Morley, MI December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Brandon Romo, Firefighter - Pardeeville, WI December 5, 2021