On Thursday July 21 at approximately 12:45 p.m. Ladder 237 under the direction of Captain Daniel Kimball, Ambulance 243, and Car 231 (Chief Moran) responded on a line box assignment to a structure fire at 64 Tides End Lane in Orleans. On the arrival of the incident commander (Orleans Deputy Fire Chief Geof Deering) heavy smoke and flames were present in the kitchen and living room area of a 2 story wood frame private dwelling. The Deputy immediately requested a working fire assignment which brought an engine from Chatham to the scene and coverage to Orleans Fire Headquarters. Multiple hose lines were stretched into the structure by Orleans and Harwich firefighters during the early stages of the fire while the Brewster crew conducted a primary search of the second floor under heavy smoke and high heat conditions. As a result of this coordinated fire attack, the fire on the first floor was quickly knocked down and the search of the building completed. The residence suffered significant heat and smoke damage throughout and severe damage to several structural roof components. All Brewster units returned to service at approximately 3:45 p.m.
Brewster Firefighters Respond to Orleans Structure Fire
- Dec 22, 2021: Bryant Gladney, Assistant Chief - Columbia, MO January 22, 2022
- Dec 28, 2021: Thomas Rees, Firefighter/EMT - West Jefferson, OH January 22, 2022
- Dec 26, 2021: Joseph Maiello, Lieutenant - Brooklyn, NY January 22, 2022
- Jan 06, 2022: Jonathan Flagler, Firefighter - Los Angeles, CA January 22, 2022
- Jan 04, 2022: Donald Gross, Fire Inspector/Investigator - Lincoln, NE January 22, 2022