The Brewster Fire Department will be sponsoring a Community CPR Training program on Thursday May 12, at 6:00 p.m. The goal of the program is to enhance the Town of Brewster’s standing as a Heart Safe Community, provide vital life saving training to our residents, and increase the number of community members trained to a cardiac arrest.
- 385,000 out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur on an annual basis.
- 88% of these occur at home where limited emergency medical treatment may not be readily available.
- Typically, only 8% of these victims survive
- Immediate bystander CPR can double or triple a victim’s survival rate.
- Learn the Cardiac Chain of Survival
- Early recognition of cardiac emergency and access to EMS
- Early CPR
- Early Defibrillation
- Early advanced care
Attendees at this three (3) hour training session will become certified in basic CPR and use of the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
There will be a ten dollar ($10.00) charge for processing of the CPR certification cards.
The program will be held at Brewster Fire Headquarters 1657 Main Street.
Individuals interested in completing this life saving training should call Fire Headquarters at 508-896-7018 to confirm attendance.
Be Prepared to Save a Life, Learn CPR!