On Tuesday February 23, 2016 the Yarmouth Fire Department responded to a reported fire at the Trading Post on Route 28. On arrival at the location the first due apparatus reported heavy fire and smoke emanating from the attic of the one story wood frame retail store. Yarmouth firefighters immediately began fire suppression operations and also requested mutual aid resources to assist at the scene and to cover their vacant fire stations. Per the mutual aid response protocols the Brewster Fire Department sent an ambulance to cover Yarmouth Fire Headquarters during the incident. It took approximately one hour for the fire departments on scene to bring the fire under control. The State Fire Marshal’s Office responded to conduct an investigation of the cause of the fire which has since been determined to be accidental in nature.
Brewster Fire Dept responds to Yarmouth
- Dec 21, 2021: Mashawn Plummer, Firefighter/EMT - Chicago, IL January 16, 2022
- Dec 26, 2021: Joseph Maiello, Lieutenant - Brooklyn, NY January 16, 2022
- Dec 22, 2021: Bryant Gladney, Assistant Chief - Columbia, MO January 16, 2022
- Jan 04, 2022: Donald Gross, Fire Inspector/Investigator - Lincoln, NE January 16, 2022
- Dec 28, 2021: Thomas Rees, Firefighter/EMT - West Jefferson, OH January 16, 2022