On Monday June 1 at approximately 5:15 a.m. the Brewster Fire Department was requested to respond to Wellfleet to assist units with a structure fire at the Left Bank Gallery on West Main Street. Upon arrival at 4:42 a.m. the Wellfleet Fire Department found the large wood frame structure fully involved with heat and intense flames from the threatening several surrounding buildings. The Wellfleet Chief requested a working fire assignment for assistance bringing an Eastham engine and Orleans tower ladder to the scene and a Brewster engine to cover their station. The fire was placed under control in about an hour and the Brewster engine returned to headquarters at approximately 8:30 a.m. The Massachusetts State Fire Marshal’s office is investigating the cause of the fire which gutted the building.
Brewster Fire Department Responds to Wellfleet Structure Fire
- Dec 26, 2021: Joseph Maiello, Lieutenant - Brooklyn, NY January 24, 2022
- Jan 04, 2022: Donald Gross, Fire Inspector/Investigator - Lincoln, NE January 24, 2022
- Dec 28, 2021: Thomas Rees, Firefighter/EMT - West Jefferson, OH January 24, 2022
- Jan 06, 2022: Brian Busch, Captain - Mineral Point, WI January 24, 2022
- Jan 06, 2022: Jonathan Flagler, Firefighter - Los Angeles, CA January 24, 2022