A powerful winter storm will affect the area beginning tomorrow evening. It is forecast to bring intense winds, 10” to 12” of heavy wet snow, and white out conditions which may lead to numerous power outages and downed trees throughout our community.
The Local Emergency Planning Committee would like to share the following information:
- Residents are urged to prepare properly for what could be an extended storm event of greater than 24 hours in duration.
- Flashlights, spare batteries, medications, food, and a radio should be available.
- The shelter at Cape Cod Tech will be open for any resident wishing to stay overnight in a secure facility. The shelter is pet friendly. The expected opening will be Monday night at approximately 8:00 p.m.
- Residents are urged to remain indoors and stay off roadways during the storm.
- The Local Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is expected to be operational beginning Monday night.
- DO NOT use any generator indoors. This will create elevated levels of carbon monoxide and will compromise your safety.
- DO NOT use kerosene heaters indoors.
- DO NOT place any heater closer than 36” to any combustible material.
- Stay tuned to local news stations, Channel 18, and the Town and Fire Department websites for further information.