On Tuesday January 13 at 11:54 p.m. Brewster Fire-Rescue was dispatched to 257 Bog Pond Road for a backhoe that had struck an underground energized electric power line at the site of a new home construction. A potential tragedy was averted by the backhoe operator and work crew having the presence of mind to remain in the seat of the backhoe until power could be cut. Engine 239 under command of Captain Kevin Varley secured the area to await the arrival of NStar to cut the power to the area, so that the backhoe operator could safely exit the machine. No injuries were reported and fire crews cleared the scene within about 1/2 hour.
Brewster Firefighters Respond to Underground Electrical Emergency
STORY AND PHOTOS PROVIDED BY CRAIG CHADWICK
- Oct 27, 2021: Wesley Vanderver, Captain - Mount Pleasant, TX December 5, 2021
- Nov 02, 2021: Gerald Brooks, Firefighter - Indianapolis, IN December 5, 2021
- Oct 31, 2021: Merrill Bone, Captain - Salt Lake City, UT December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Danny Deyo, Fire Chief - Morley, MI December 5, 2021
- Nov 06, 2021: Brandon Romo, Firefighter - Pardeeville, WI December 5, 2021