On May 2 and 3 the Barnstable County Fire Chiefs Association hosted a two day Company Officer Academy training program at the Ocean Edge Resort in Brewster, Ma. The program, which was conducted by retired Lewisville Texas Fire Chief Rick Lasky and retired Fire Department New York (FDNY) Battalion Chief John Salka focused on developing the skills of current and aspiring Company Officers in the areas of leadership, management, team building, strategic and tactical fireground decision making and FF safety. The event was attended by 210 firefighters from over 50 fire departments within the New England region including Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and New York. The Chiefs Association recognizes that Company Officers are a critical component of their organizations overall operation and hosted this training event to ensure the regions Company Officers and those seeking to become officers are afforded the opportunity to have the most current fire service supervisory and fire suppression concepts available to them on a daily basis. The Chiefs Association would also like to thank all of the attendees for their dedicated effort and the vendors for their support of the program.
Company Officer Academy Training Program
- Dec 21, 2021: Mashawn Plummer, Firefighter/EMT - Chicago, IL January 16, 2022
- Dec 26, 2021: Joseph Maiello, Lieutenant - Brooklyn, NY January 16, 2022
- Dec 22, 2021: Bryant Gladney, Assistant Chief - Columbia, MO January 16, 2022
- Jan 04, 2022: Donald Gross, Fire Inspector/Investigator - Lincoln, NE January 16, 2022
- Dec 28, 2021: Thomas Rees, Firefighter/EMT - West Jefferson, OH January 16, 2022