Brewster Fire Department
Community CPR Training
January 16, 2014
The Brewster Fire Department will be sponsoring a Community CPR Training program on January 16 at 6:00 p.m. The goal of the program is to enhance the Town of Brewster’s standing as a Heart Safe Community, provide vital life saving training to our residents, and increase the number of community members trained to a cardiac arrest. Here are some interesting facts:
- 385,000 out-of-hospital sudden cardiac arrests occur on an annual basis.
- 88% of these occur at home where limited emergency medical treatment may not be readily available.
- Typically, only 8% of these victims survive
- Immediate bystander CPR can double or triple a victim’s survival rate.
- Learn the Cardiac Chain of Survival
- Early recognition of cardiac emergency and access to EMS
- Early CPR
- Early Defibrillation
- Early advanced care
Attendees at this three (3) hour training session will become certified in basic CPR and use of the Automatic External Defibrillator (AED)
There will be a ten dollar ($10.00) charge for processing of the CPR certification cards.
Individuals interested in attending this training should call Fire Headquarters at 508-896-7018 to confirm your attendance.
Be Prepared to Save a Life, Learn CPR!