Beginning every September the Brewster Fire Department sponsors a Probationary Firefighter School for prospective call firefighter candidates. The program typically runs one night a week for 8 weeks and covers a variety of basic firefighting and EMS skills, introduces the candidates to the policies, procedures, guidelines, and equipment utilized by the department and prepares them for the Firefighter I/II program at the Barnstable County Fire Academy. The following requirements are necessary to participate;
- Be 18 years of age
- Live within 6 miles of Brewster Fire Headquarters (documentation required)
- Possess a valid Massachusetts drivers license
- Possess Massachusetts or National certification as an EMT or Paramedic or be enrolled in a certified program (documentation required)
- Successfully pass a CORI background check
- Provide the department with medical clearance to participate
Individuals interested in applying for the program may visit fire headquarters Monday thru Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to pick up an application or call Deputy Chief William Harrison or Fire Chief Robert Moran at 508-896-7018.