On Saturday June 1 at 6:10 p.m. the Engine 234 responded to 50 Stephen Phillips Road in Dennis on an automatic Line Box assignment for a reported structure fire. Car 231 (Chief Moran) and Car 232 (Deputy Chief Harrison) also responded on the request. On arrival Dennis engine 111 reported smoke showing from a 60’ x 60’ foot barn type structure with active fire in the walls and basement. On arrival the Brewster engine company under the command of Captain/Paramedic Anthony Dalmau was assigned to assist in ventilating the structure and checking for fire extension. Additional Dennis and Brewster personnel arrived on scene and were assigned various tasks including the stretching of back-up attack lines, RIT, securing a primary water source, ventilating the building, checking for fire extension, and relief of interior crews. Being the first Chief Officers to arrive on scene, Chief Moran and Deputy Chief Harrison established a command post and assisted the Dennis Chief officers with overall management of the incident. A working fire assignment was requested by command bringing Harwich ladder 66 to the scene while the Yarmouth Fire Department provided coverage for Dennis. The fire was placed under control by command at 6:45 p.m. and all Brewster units returned to service at approximately 8:15 p.m.
Brewster Fire Department Responds to Dennis Structure Fire
- Dec 22, 2021: Bryant Gladney, Assistant Chief - Columbia, MO January 22, 2022
- Dec 28, 2021: Thomas Rees, Firefighter/EMT - West Jefferson, OH January 22, 2022
- Dec 26, 2021: Joseph Maiello, Lieutenant - Brooklyn, NY January 22, 2022
- Jan 06, 2022: Jonathan Flagler, Firefighter - Los Angeles, CA January 22, 2022
- Jan 04, 2022: Donald Gross, Fire Inspector/Investigator - Lincoln, NE January 22, 2022